Getting Your Home Storm Ready
With Storm Dennis on its way, it’s important to ensure your home is storm ready. Therefore, we have provided a quick checklist you can follow to have more piece of mind this weekend.
· Firstly, make sure all your gutters and drains are unblocked and free of obstructions such as moss, leaves etc.
· Make sure your external gullies in the ground for the waste pipes are clear from leaves.
· Ensure the gutters on the road surrounding your house are not blocked up. If so, ring your local County Council or else take a brush to them.
· Check your roof visually from a safe spot to ensure no tiles have moved and become loose. Make any repairs necessary.
· To prevent water from entering your home, make sure to cover all your air vents. Taking this precaution can prevent serious damage from occurring.
· Move pets to a safe location and let them sleep inside.
· In the event of flooding, turn off electricity at the mains and unplug all electric devices. Also tape over sockets at low level.
· If your car is parked in an area that may flood, consider moving it.
· Trim overhanging trees that may collapse.
· Secure garages and sheds properly.
· Reinforce glass in event of strong winds.
We at Swyft Energy hope you stay safe this weekend!